Thursday, April 19, 2007

Our Blog

Hello everyone! Kelly and I wanted to create a blog to keep everyone up to date as we journey through our 2nd adoption! For those of you that don't know.... we are in the process of adopting from Ukraine... this time, praying for a little girl. God has so richly blessed us with Zachary(who we adopted from Volgograd, Russia in Nov. 2004); Zachary was 10&1/2 months old when we brought him home and now he is 3!! My, how time flies. He is a wonderful, smart, and loving little boy. And he is VERY excited about having a little sister; in fact, just today, he said,"My little sister is going to be little and I will be 'avle' to carry her and give her a bottle" He also says her name is going to be "Charlotte".... (that's b/c our good friends, Adam and Steph, have a new baby Charlotte).... This age is so fun, yet challenging at the same time!
We are truly in the middle of our adoption, so I'll try to bring you up to date...
Why Ukraine? well, we thought we would be going back to Russia, but God had different plans for us...(long story, maybe I'll share in another posting)
01/07- officially decided to adopt from Ukraine and started homestudy paperwork
02/27/07 - mailed INS application
03/22/07 - received INS fingerprint appointment letter/working on dossier paperwork!
03/29/07- Amanda fingerprinted
03/31/07 - Kelly fingerprinted
04/02/07 - most of dossier travels to Ukraine with another adoptive family
04/14/07 - received I-797 (INS APPROVAL!!!)
04/17/07 - rest of dossier/INS approval FedEx'd to Ukraine!

So that's where we are.....now it's the "hurry up and wait" phase! I will keep you all up to date and we'd love to hear from everyone! Please pray for us, the baby girl that God has chosen for us, all of the orphans and caretakers in Ukraine and Ukraine's governing officials. Also, please pray for the other families that are on their own adoption journeys. We have met a wonderful family, the Doves, who are adopting a baby boy from Ukraine. I know the God intentionally had our paths to cross and I am so thankful!

1 comment:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Amanda,
The blog looks great. I am so grateful to God for bringing our families together during this exciting journey - things like this are never by coincidence! I can't wait to see the little ones He has already chosen for you and for us.

Praying for His hand to be on you guys every step of the way,
Jenn & Zack